SPB is actively and effectively involved in the social, economic and cultural development of the communities surrounding its production facilities. Its community development measures include
- Providing Protected and treated drinking water through a network of about 240 water taps and 4 overhead tanks.
- Provision of Community Health Centres with a full-time qualified physician, paramedical staff and free medical facilities.
- Providing Education from the primary up to the secondary level.
- Construction of rain water harvesting structures, public toilets, village roads and culverts.
- Renovation of old village temples.
- Organising yearly Blood donation and eye camps.